2008年5月12日 星期一

24

24, Kobe's number, and my age.
--
it's said that the best way to relax your brain is to keep it busy.
That is, once you don't have time to think, you don't have the worries.
It does make sense like one of the principles for lieutetant to manage
his soldiers - never let them idled, or they would do some crazy and
stupid things, which really are beyond your expectation.
I never followed that though.
It has been 5 months since my leaving from military.
Clearly, a part of me will stay in that stage forever -- my 23.
--
And now I was 24.
"24 already...," I repeat those words on bed, on the recent nights.
I put my arms front of my chest quietly, like an old man rest in peace,
confessing himself to the God perahps.
I have no religion, but do so on my way to 25.
--
24
My mom gave birth to me when shw was 24.
And now as a 24-year-old "boy", I'm still in her shelter.
--
"24? am I 24? And what's all about it?"
these words frequently emerged in my mind and sometimes a "fuck" followed that.
--
2 years from my university graduation.
I decided not to shorten my duration of military service.
The salary was approximately 19 thousand dollars per month, which had been
stored possibly and carefully. 14 months passed, however, the fact is that
it still could hardly cover my one-year housing amount.
--
My parents provide me fully to study aboard regardless of the tremendous risks.
They say it's an investment ever worthy. Maybe they believe in their son more
than himself does. I don't know. I am not that confident, and smart.
Few weeks ago, in a rainy day, my grandmom gave me an red envelope,
saying that she may pass away in any minute, hoping to give her grandson
a little support.
The notebook I'm typing is my aunt's, who is another big patron to me.
ATO wanted to give me the lucky chain from 信, but was rejected in that
I think he has already done too much for me.
--
"Sir, honestly, I'm jealous of you," one of my soldier once told me.
True, I should feel grateful, and I do.
--
24, on my way to 25
Two months later, I'll be in Atlanta.
Two months is short, I know.
--
"A flower in greenhouse." The phrase prefectly describes myself
, even I was 24 already.
I felt no fear about the unknown coming days, but indeed there are lots of
things which should be learned for me.
I have to pick them up quickly because there is no time to be wasted.
Because I was 24.
--
No more excuse, no grumble, and no frustration.
Ya, I'm on my way, where marked 24.

沒有留言: