2008年4月26日 星期六

Recent days review i

The Albert

Taking care of this special boy became my first job after leaving the army.
--
He was a autistic kid. However, the way he acts is quite different from the
stereotype that those kind of unique kids always keep themselves silent and
isolated from others. At least, Albert is not. He is energetic all the time,
showing great enthusiasm on HSR or MRT system as well as some cartoons.Those are his life and his world. He is fanatic and obsessed.
--
His world is simple, and he keeps himself there.
He can be so concentrated on those he loves while losing foucs so easily
on the things he's not interested in. It cannot be more obvious. Compared with
other peers, he has been himself preferctly. Although occansionally, he will
still be affected or diverted by his classmates, but he doesn't care that much.
After all, he lives in his own world. His friends are inside the television,
and me.
--
My service was no longer required by the end of March in that another teacher
, more professional and serious for assisting albert on his academic performance
could make her schedule for both days and nights. I used to spend almost 2 hours with Albert every night.
--
Albert was not happy about this decision made by his mom, who understands
her kid's distinction but still hopes to make him as normal as other kids
possibly. I don't agree with that. (Maybe because I am not his family.)
If albert could manage his homework, I let him do whatever he likes, which definitely violates what his mom told me - if once he has done his homework,
do the review part. I am not a good teacher,but I become his friend, maybe his only "real" friend. :)
--
Now, as albert's request, I regain my part-time job.
I still spend the morning on Sundays for 2 hours with Albert.
And we're happy.
--

One Saturday afternoon, I took him to take the gondola as my promise.
It's really tiring though, and I felt dizzy (like car-sick) duing the drive.
But it's all right.
--

沒有留言: